DAEL Facilities Summary
DAEL Offices and Labs:
• Producer Offices – Each office (150 sq. ft.) contains network and phone connections for center personnel, as well as iMacs equipped for office needs.
• Producer-in-Residence Offices – We have additional office spaces (150 sq. ft.) for media makers whom require temporary residence during their co-productions with us. These offices are ready with network and phone connections.
• Graduate Student Lab and Conference Room – Our larger conference room (700 sq. ft.) is equipped with projection screen, projector, and audiovisual playback components for any type of presentation, conference, or meeting. There are 10 specialized iMac workstations with audio-video interface devices for producer meetings and general graduate student work.
• Break and Conference Room – An additional room at DAEL (225 sq. ft.) is equipped for audiovisual presentation and conferencing. The DAEL conference room is ideal for casual roundtable meetings with producers and assistants. A small kitchenette is available with refrigerator, microwave, sink, and storage cabinets.
• Undergraduate Student Lab and Classroom – DAEL provides a lab (600 sq. ft.) for undergraduate class use. Students in the undergraduate film program may use this space for their scholastic project needs. This lab space is equipped with specialty lighting, projection screen, sound system, projector, audiovisual playback components, and 15 specialized iMac workstations with audio-video interface devices.
• Production Studio – The DAEL studio space (2,500 sq. ft. with 17 ft. ceiling) is used for a combination of teaching and center production activities, especially relating to video and audio production. Our studio is equipped with a lighting grid, a green screen cyclorama wall, and audio/video connectivity with our various suites. This room also possesses a great deal of equipment for all lighting, grip, audio, and prop needs.
• Audience Response Theater – Our theater (1,600 sq. ft. with 17 ft. ceiling) is used for a variety of symposia, special screenings, academic and guest lectures, and audience-response testing. The 35-seat auditorium with adjoining projection booth is equipped with specialty projection screen, projector, lighting, sound system, audiovisual playback components, and routing system to our studio and suites.
• Media Editing Suite – This suite (225 sp. ft.) is used for a combination of teaching and center production activities, especially relating to video post-production. This suite is equipped with a specialized iMac workstation with audio-video interface devices, video display, audio playback system, audio/video connectivity with machine room and other editing suites.
• Audio Recording Studio and Editing Suite – Our hybrid studio-suite is used for combination of teaching and center production activities, especially relating to audio production and post-production. With adjoining equipment storage closet (combined spaces of 600 sq. ft.), the studio-suite is equipped with specialized acoustic treatment, specialty task lighting, specialized iMac workstations with audio-video interface devices, video display, audio playback system, audio/video connectivity with other editing suites, theater, and production studio.
• Production Equipment Checkout – A storage home base (225 sq. ft.) containing equipment for students, faculty, and producers. In addition to the camera, audio, lighting, and grip equipment kept here, the room includes a desk, iMac workstation, printer, and repair bench to maintain DAEL equipment. Production equipment checkout is located in close proximity to exterior building access, which makes this space ideal for easy load-ins and load-outs.